logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MKSappers  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2017 22:07:04(UTC)
MKSappers

Groups: Registered

Smile
Having raced and crewed in the Southern Pacific and raced, crewed and worked on various boats and yachts in the North Pacific in the late 1980's.......and then stopped it all for a dull career (seriously yawning!) I realised that a hole in my life existed. The call of the sea was overwhelming and So I went back to "school". I just passed my day skipper exam and will now do the practical Day Skipper....thus enabling me to take the family on various charter holidays in Greece and the BVI.
I received immediate responses and feedback when required and support when needed.
Looking forward to Coastal Skipper/YM now!
heywoodm2000  
#2 Posted : 13 April 2017 16:24:35(UTC)
heywoodm2000

Yes,Just got through my Day Skipper theory. The course is very good. I think I misjudged it a bit at the outset and thought that I'd whizz through the course and take ages over the exam. The fact is that if you go through the course meticulously trying to get as high a mark as you can, you will find the exam fairly easy. That's what I ended up doing, I must have logged about 40 hours of time at least (over 8 weeks-ish) doing the course but hurried the exam and made a typo which cost me a few percent!

I'd definitely recommend the course if there is no way you can just take a week off to do it at a school indoors. Thanks Navathome.

Possible improvements? For me just a guide to the number of questions at the start of each section of the course and also the exam (if RYA allow it) so you can mentally time what you've still got ahead of you. I got to the end of the exam and thought I was only just past half way - more fool me....

MFH

Edited by user 13 April 2017 16:26:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mrs-h  
#3 Posted : 16 April 2017 13:33:11(UTC)
Mrs-h

Pass my Day Skipper Theory assessment this morning. It is a great relief so we can book our practical now. The course is great and the instructors are very responsive and helpful. I don't think I can manage without them. A great thanks to them.

Edited by user 16 April 2017 13:34:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified